Thursday, February 24, 2011

I choose to wish upon a star

‘Wishing upon a star is meant for tiny kids” they say,
“As you climb past childhood pure,
You leave that childishness behind”.
May be it is true for some,
But I sure am not one of them
I choose to wish upon a star,
I am glad to have a child-like heart.

I dream of happy, content world,
I trust in goodness of people
I know sometimes I may be hurt
But I never am afraid of pain.

If I choose to live a life,
Why live half of what I can
Pain and pleasure are just two sides
Of coin called the ‘theme of life’.
I choose to love sans holding back
I choose to risk unrequited love
I choose to let go when I must
I choose to love true, nonetheless!
How hard it must be for some folks,
Who does not have a Hand to hold,
To live without having the faith
That He loves you no matter what!

“I thank Thee for the sunshine bright,
I thank Thee for the starlit night
I thank Thee for the swaying trees
I thank Thee for the morning breeze.”
There are countless things in life
That most of us just let past us
The blessing of a parent’s love,
The support of a sister true.
I hope to be grateful through life
For all the simple things in life-
To have a heart that’s open wide
To let all those who knock, inside!
 
I have been hurt I must confess,
I will not let that confine me,
I hope I have by now learnt well
To not let mind to fool again.
I am just a little kid,
No matter how old I live
Age is just for flesh and blood
My soul is ageless, timeless one.
I am still a child at heart
I choose to live with open heart
I still am little child at heart,
I choose to wish upon a star.

No comments: